articles (2), batik (12), ceramics (5), cooking (8), dyeing (12), equipment (1), food (13), gardening (2), good to know (13), happen (1), happenstance (6), knitting (1), paper (3), plants (2), pottery (2), sewing (4), wedding (6),

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Iteration #1 at invite


So here is the first prototype of the wedding invite. It's a bit busy simply because I had used the paper initally to test out my new stamps but what I'd like to do is to have this thread be a common garland that has flowers strung off of it. (not flowers all over the page, which is a bit busy here) what do you think?

I had a lot of fun with this. I really want to tie in the bird, string, and flower theme together. And at the same time have this look handmade, which i think i achieved. The ink here looks really
orange but in actuality, it is vermillion, and the yellow is a goldenrod. The bird should be in chocolate brown.

Xox

No comments: