articles (2), batik (12), ceramics (5), cooking (8), dyeing (12), equipment (1), food (13), gardening (2), good to know (13), happen (1), happenstance (6), knitting (1), paper (3), plants (2), pottery (2), sewing (4), wedding (6),

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Anchovies

Yesterday we found the most wonderful little shop in Santa Monica that specializes in Italian imports.  I purchased my first can of salted anchovies.  As I opened the can, I smelled the smell of the ocean.  I could picture seagulls flying overhead.  At first glance, these anchovies are much bigger than what I'm used to in the 2oz tins.  They are also less salty if they are left to soak in water for thirty minutes prior to using.  I have read that the anchovy taste is quite strong, but I don't think there is a huge difference.  A discernible difference, but not a huge difference.

anchovies from sicily

No comments: