articles (2), batik (12), ceramics (5), cooking (8), dyeing (12), equipment (1), food (13), gardening (2), good to know (13), happen (1), happenstance (6), knitting (1), paper (3), plants (2), pottery (2), sewing (4), wedding (6),

Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Ramadan

Fasting month has started and to celebrate puasa, I made nasi lemak out of brown rice.  I love the smell of Malaysian cooking, and this was no different.  Delicious.

On another note, I made a frozen yogurt, that was very rich and delicious.  I was about to follow David Lebovitz's recipe for Vanilla Frozen Yogurt, but I then realized I was missing a cup of strained Greek yogurt.  I substituted with heavy cream, and voila!  delicious.

2 cups strained Greek full fat yogurt
1 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract - the good stuff - you can really tell if its cheap and bad.

Warm heavy cream w/ sugar until fully dissolved.  Cool.
Fold sugary cream into the yogurt.  Add vanilla extract and stir.
Cool overnight, and freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.


No comments: