articles (2), batik (12), ceramics (5), cooking (8), dyeing (12), equipment (1), food (13), gardening (2), good to know (13), happen (1), happenstance (6), knitting (1), paper (3), plants (2), pottery (2), sewing (4), wedding (6),

Sunday, October 19, 2008

What I am eating these days

With the SO away, I find that I'm eating more and more salads. Salads?
Yes! Traditionally I've been a hater of raw leafy vegetables. I still
cringe at having to eat a plate of green salad. But with the help of
Adams Ranch mission olive oil and some homemade vinegar, I'm giving it
a go again with rocket salad from the garden.

Now that it is Fall, new things are appearing at the markets and I'm
welcoming their appearance. The markets have been abundant with
citrus, pomegranate, and persimmons. I try to eat organic when I can,
and I've been surprised at how reasonable it has become. I don't shop
at Whole Foods, and perhaps that might explain why.

Some of the notable salads I've had include: pomegranate and persimmon
salad, avocado and grapefruit salad, and jicama and orange. All
courtesy of my favourite chef and cookbook writer, Alice Waters.

I know I haven't posted too many craft related things recently because
I haven't had the time. Work has been consuming and any extra time I
do have I would like it to be shared with the SO. Cooking and eating
is one way that I can think of that is so fun, and so communal.

No comments: