articles (2), batik (12), ceramics (5), cooking (8), dyeing (12), equipment (1), food (13), gardening (2), good to know (13), happen (1), happenstance (6), knitting (1), paper (3), plants (2), pottery (2), sewing (4), wedding (6),

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bialetti


Today we went to the Torrance market and had a terrible time.  There were too many people, and a general sense of chaos.  Also the coffee was bad.  Shahril is into coffee.  I can appreciate it, but I can't drink it because it makes me nauseous.  


My sister recently purchased a Bialetti Moka Express for Shahril for Christmas, and it is wonderful.  I have to admit that I love manual things, but when I first started using the Bialetti, it wasn't the easiest to operate.  The instruction manual is hard to understand, and there are so many little things to be aware of before you start making coffee.  i.e. make a test pot first, then throwi it away... make sure the water only goes up to the line in the bottom (only the line is very well marked).. do not screw on the top using the handle (it'll break)... do not tamp the coffee grinds... use low heat only... etc. etc.


1 comment:

thebog said...

I LOVE those!

You can find nice webpages online with tips on how to get the best use out of them.