articles (2), batik (12), ceramics (5), cooking (8), dyeing (12), equipment (1), food (13), gardening (2), good to know (13), happen (1), happenstance (6), knitting (1), paper (3), plants (2), pottery (2), sewing (4), wedding (6),

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

French Country Cooking

I finally got my Elizabeth David cookbook, and it's an interesting read.  I had hoped that it was a bit more story like, but it is firmly a cookbook.  I harkened back to Elizabeth Romer's

 and I prefer the qualitative story telling that goes into Romer's book.  I'm looking forward to my "Italian Food" book from Elizabeth David to compare.

One funny thing about my new cookbook is that it is a used book from the 1985 that I think, was an overprint of some kind.  The dust jacket is totally off.  However, with that being said, the book certainly has a lot of character, and I'm not one to complain.  Exciting!

No comments: