articles (2), batik (12), ceramics (5), cooking (8), dyeing (12), equipment (1), food (13), gardening (2), good to know (13), happen (1), happenstance (6), knitting (1), paper (3), plants (2), pottery (2), sewing (4), wedding (6),

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Food & Cooking

After working through Alice Waters' The Art of Simple Food, I'm ready for more complicated recipes.  I recall when I had worked through a lot of "How to Cook Everything", and found items difficult.  Now they are simple and easy to do, and I often refer to my Mark Bittman cookbook in a bind.  Today I made a classic Swiss Chard Frittata, and I am proud to say that my $40 investment in the Wusthof spatula has paid off in spades.  I flipped the frittata without having to transfer anything onto a dish.  To top it off, partly because of the nonstick nature of my seasoned pan, and partly because of the thin edge of my spatula, I was able to cut the frittata in half and flip each half without so much as breaking the frittata.  I was impressed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brilliant!!! This time of year kitchen equipment is turning into an avalance. I'm certainly going to take your idea and run with it. Thank you...

Cooking Equipment